Problems Caused By Water Damage and Ways to Control the Situation
Properties in Florida have escalated in value as many people prefer to relocate to the sunny state and enjoy the three seasons. Many homeowners sign up with a public adjuster or a reputed service provider for water damage restoration to ensure that they remain protected against the problems arising from water damage Palm Beach gardens.
A water damage restoration service will inspect the damage using probes and other water sensing equipment such as infrared tools to determine the extent and source of damage. They are expert in drying out the structures, sanitizing contaminated areas and deodorizing all materials in the area. They bring in dehumidifiers, air movers and scrubbers and equipment to dry out the floor and floors. They may take about three days to complete the restoration work and will then assess the situation and make a reevaluation of the damages.
Water damage can be categorized in three ways:
- Water damage Palm Beach Gardens identified from a sanitary source which can flow from a broken water supply line such as a tank, faucet or even bottled water. Depending on other factors such as temperature and time, contamination may build up when items come in contact with water.
- Water flow from toilet overflow or from washing machines and dishwashers. Here again, this type of water damage can cause certain types of illness especially if urine or dirty water comes in contact with certain areas in the home and get contaminated due to temperature or when water remains stagnant for a long time.
- When there is a flooding from streams or rivers or if a toilet trap is broken, stagnant water containing feces, urine and dirt from outside can cause microbial growth than results in grave illness and sometimes death.
How to check for mold in the home
Mold generally appears as a fuzzy growth and will appear on ceilings and walls in various shades ranging from gray, black, green, brown or yellow. The growth may appear smooth and velvety or rough and leathery and these signs are generally noticed where there is standing water, a water leak, stain or when there is condensation. The other areas that attracts mold are drain lines, furnaces and air conditioners.
How to guard against mold when there is water damage in the building
- The first step is to ensure that the quality of air indoors is clean. When there are leaks or flooding, moisture enters and triggers different types of allergic reactions and disease. The members of the family can suffer health-risks long-term if the mold formation is not controlled quickly.
- Remove all traces of standing water found in the house. Materials that have become wet due to flooding or leaks should be removed from the area.
- Use protective gear when cleaning or trying to remove mold.
Points to consider when hiring a professional service company to take care of the water damage restoration:
It is very important to check if the service provider is licensed and qualified to try out techniques with the right equipment. It is in your right to make a background check and get referrals before signing the contract. Ask your friends, family members or colleagues if they can recommend the best service provider for handling water damage Palm Beach Gardens.
During the restoration process, the technicians should move the equipment to different areas that are affected and monitor the working to ensure that each area is dry. Since each case of water damage is unique, it is important that they review the situation and make the right decision on restoring the damage.