Job Description of a Reputable Fire Restoration Service Provider
We often hear the adage “There is no smoke without fire”. This is so true especially when a fire is not put out immediately. Many property owners dread this problem which can erupt in a home due to various reasons and cause extensive damage if not put out immediately. A quick response to this problem can help save not only lives but also reduce the overall costs when disaster strikes.
A reputed fire damage Jupiter Restoration Company should be able to take care of the home or business and professionally restore the place back to pre-loss conditions. They should also work closely with insurance professionals to help cover damages caused due to fire. Their scope of work should include:
- Assessment of fire, inspecting and testing of the impact on the contents and structure of the property.
- They should carry out an inventory of the contents in the home as well as valuables.
- The fire restoration company should clean up and carry out structural demolition.
- The service provider should be able to remove soot and smoke from the premises.
- It is necessary to ensure that air flow is controlled and bad smells dispelled.
- Deodorization is necessary to remove odors.
- Fabrics and clothes in the home should be cleaned properly and thoroughly dried out.
- The service provider should be able to restore art, photos and important documents and so on.
- Mitigation methods for water and mold should be carried out.
- The HVAC should be professionally cleaned out periodically.
Steps to take to get your insurance claim covered when you are faced with fire damage. Contact one of the most reliable fire damage Jupiter Companies to put out the fire and restore order again. Make sure that they have connections with the insurance company.
- The first thing that you should do is to evaluate the damage by taking stock of the situation. You need proof so make sure that the things in the home are untouched till the insurance agent arrives.
- Once you file the claim, you should hand it in immediately as there can be delays when dealing with insurance companies.
- If you incur any expenses while waiting for the claims to be met, keep the receipts as you may be able to claim them according to the terms of the insurance policy.
How to protect your family from problems arising due to fire damage
- It is a good idea to install smoke detectors on every floor of the house. These should be kept outside the bedrooms.
- Maintain them by ensuring no dust settles on them.
- These detectors should be checked every month and the batteries replaced when they start beeping or chirping.
- One of the signs that indicate that the smoke detector is working is the light that blinks.
- Mount fire extinguishers in the kitchen , garage and other areas where maximum electricity is used.
- Instruct every member in the family on the use of fire extinguishers to put out small fires in the home.
In the workplace, it is necessary to ensure that the employees are informed of the dangers of fire and taught some electrical safety tips. For instance, an extension cord should be checked before using for signs of damage. Plugs and cords should not be left where it can get damage and use surge protectors as well as power strips instead of simple splitters. Conduct a few fire training classes now and then to make the employees aware of the hazards of fire damage. Contact the fire damage restoration experts in Jupiter, Florida.
Titan Restoration Construction offers water, fire, and mold damage restoration, construction and remodeling services for West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter, and Palm Beach Gardens areas. 561-345-3751