Water Damage Palm Springs
Salient Tips for Avoiding Problems Caused By Water Damage in Homes
Water Damage Palm Springs
Homeowners spend a lot of money in maintaining their homes and ensuring that their family is safe and lead healthy lives. For residents living in Florida, there is a constant danger of hurricanes, heavy rains and winds causing damage to their homes. Water damage Palm Springs is one of the problems that occur widely in homes in Florida and for this reason, many water restoration service providers have sprung up to handle water extraction and mold remediation.
Homeowners often face problems when their appliances in the home begin to malfunction. There may be an unexpected leak that develops overnight into a large one from where water enters and creates damage to furniture and materials. A pipe could burst in the kitchen or bathroom and cause flooding that result in standing water.
Prevention is better than cure
- Check the water heaters in your home as they start creating problems once they are about 5 years old. It is advisable to get a professional to inspect these heaters once every two years.
- Make sure to remove build-up of sediment by flushing the tanks once in six months
- Have a professional inspect the supply lines of the washing machine to prevent them from suddenly bursting
- Never run the machine when you are not in the home
- It is necessary to replace the supply hose once in 5 years.
- If you notice the tank or bowl in your bathroom overflowing, turn of the supply valve to stop the water from flowing. Make sure to repair leaky faucets and drains.
- Check the refrigerator regularly and make sure it is properly installed. A minor leak in the supply line hose can cause water damage in the home.
The average life of a washing machine is about 13 years according to the National Association of Home Builders. They also state that a dishwasher may last for about 10 years while water heaters for anywhere from 11 to 14 years. Once a home appliance ages, it is necessary to keep an eye for problems that may occur or better still, change the old one for a new.
The types of water damage Palm Springs noticed can be classified under three headings:
- One is from clean water that does not pose a risk to humans. Over a period, they can cause health problems.
- Water that contains contaminants such as chemical or biological contents. People or pets can suffer from major illnesses if they have contact with this type of water.
- The worst damage that is caused by water that contains unsanitary agents such as fungus, bacteria and viruses. This normally happens when rivers, flood waters and sewage get contaminated with fecal matter or when microbial growth is found in standing water.
If you notice any of these problems, be sure to contact some of the reputable water damage Palm Springs Restoration Companies and have them attend to the same immediately. Talk to the people experts and let them inspect the source of the problem and surrounding areas. They will give you an estimate for the damages noted and will bring in their equipment which includes blowers, dehumidifiers and other tools to stop the leaks and remove standing water. They will also use fans to extract the water from the drywall and dispel the stale air that begins to pollute the place. Check with your friends and colleagues before you decide on the best service provider and make sure to consult your private adjuster before signing on the dotted line.