Fire Damage Wellington
Fire Safety Tips to Follow To Save Further Damage and Prevent Injuries
Fire Damage Wellington
A fire in a home or workplace can start due to carelessness on the part of a family member or employee. Everyone is responsible in a home or office to keep the environment safe. Here are a few safety tips that you should follow to prevent fire damage.
- If you use candles in the home, you should make sure to put off the flame before you leave the area.
- Some candle holders are not sturdy and may topple over or collapse.
- Candles should never be kept in an area where there is a draft.
- Blow out the flame gently without splattering the hot wax.
- If a candle burns for a long time, there is a likelihood of the wick setting fire in the area.
- If you are a smoker, you should always make sure to stub out the cigarette before you leave the room or go to bed.
- Make sure you operate the microwave oven only when there is food inside.
- All appliances in the kitchen should be checked periodically, kept in a clean condition.
- The wires should not fray. Change them if the copper wire gets exposed.
- If you notice the grease pan catching fire, do not try to dowse it by pouring water. Use a lid to cover the pan and turn the stove off.
- Keep flammable material away from heating appliances and stoves.
- Shut off the stove if you are leaving the kitchen to attend to something else.
By taking corrective action you can prevent fires in the home or workplace. It is important to plan ahead in case a fire breaks out in the house.
- Make sure to plan an escape route and go through the drill with all the family members.
- Close the bedroom door when you go to sleep. You will not be exposed to smoke and heat in case a fire breaks out.
- Instruct family members that it is important to crawl under the smoke and escape by dropping to the ground in case there is a fire.
- Instruct family members to call the fire department or dial 911 in case of fire.
- Try to use the neighbor’s phone to call the fire damage Wellington responders as it is highly unsafe to enter a building that is burning.
Once you move into a new apartment or home, one of the first things to do is to identify the emergency responders for fire, water and other damages that can occur in the area. Keep the list handy or punch it into your phone so that you can speed dial them in a case of emergency. Fire damage restoration is a complex task that can be handled only be fire damage Wellington professionals. Care has to be taken especially when toxic gases are released.
Use the services of a recommended service company
Do not hesitate to call the restoration company and get the experienced professionals to come to your rescue. The professionals you select should be certified and competent to carry out the tasks. Most of these companies are directly connected to insurance companies and this will help to hasten the process and get past the red tape. Experiencing fires can be devastating experiences especially when you see something you covet go up in flames.
Stay calm and do not create a panic especially if there are other people in the building. Call the fire damage Wellington service providers that carry fire restoration and they will come equipped to put out the flames and restore the building again.